Five Faves: January 2016
Another year, another big transition. This year I’ve decided to take the leap away from my full-time job and go back to the freelance entrepreneurial life, which I had for 10 years before running into the arms of a secure paycheck in 2014.
It’s scary and exhilarating to begin a new chapter in a city I’ve grown to truly love.
At this point, I feel better equipped to coach and teach than ever before. It’s been a year of major transitions, heartbreak, and learning to create healthy boundaries. I was led on a journey of spiritual inquiry, personal development, and deep healing. Now, I have even more tools in my toolkit to help others with the challenges they face with not just with food, but with life in general.
It’s exciting and refreshing to redesign my routines. As I ease into this new stage, here are some of the things I’m bringing with me…
1. The Desire Map Daily Planner, by Danielle Laporte, $44. So your New Years resolutions and inspiration lasts you through the entire year.
2. Oliver People’s Cabrillo Sunglasses, $195. The world looks even more magical through these lenses. I love the style because they are fashionable and sporty at the same time.
3. RevitaLash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner, $81. I’m trying to wear less make-up and take better care of what I’ve got going for me naturally. This means plumping up my lashes which have been compromised due to my 20+ year mascara addiction.
4. Jansen & Co Tea Pot, $65. I drink a lot of tea. Over a quart a day. As the weather gets colder I love the idea of having fabulous friends over for chic tea parties and sharing our thoughts and feelings while covered in cozy blankets.
5. Dot & Bo 10-piece Barthes Tray and Votive Holder, $46. Without a regular day job it’s important to create rituals and routines. I’ve started turning off all the lights and just lighting my home with candles after 10pm. It’s a relaxing and romantic way to wind down from the day. This votive tray is modern, eclectic, and gives lots of bang for the buck.